One dead and ten injured after medical oxygen bottle explodes

MADRID: Emergency services at the scene MADRID: Emergency services at the scene Twitter / @112cmadrid

AN 85-YEAR-OLD man has died after a medical oxygen bottle exploded at a flat in Madrid.

Relatives of the man had called for an ambulance after possibly suffering a heart attack.

For reasons currently unknown the oxygen bottle exploded when a doctor and a health technician were using it to revive the patient.

Three were wounded and seven others suffered from smoke inhalation in the fire that engulfed the property in  Calle Fernando Poo, in the  Arganzuela district of Madrid.

The elderly man later died.

Karl Smallman

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page.

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

Posting comment as a guest.
0 Characters
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location

Poll of the Week

Do you think England are going to win the World Cup?

New online edition graphic

Create Spain Alert

Do you want to be the first to receive our latest news from Spain? Subscribe here.