As many of you will have noticed, things like hand sanitizer are quite hard to get hold of at the moment. So here are some ideas for making your own!
- Small spray bottle
- 5 drops of vitamin E oil (optional, this makes for soft hands!)
- 3 tablespoons of rubbing alcohol (60% or more is best)/ witch hazel/ vodka
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops orange essential oil
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- Distilled (or at least filtered, boiled, and cooled) water
In the spray bottle, combine the vitamin E oil, witch hazel or vodka, and essential oils. Place the sprayer on tightly and shake well for 15-20 seconds to combine.
Open the bottle, and fill to the top with water. Replace sprayer, and shake again for 15-20 seconds. Done!
Here are some different options you can use and why:
Lavender– known for antibacterial and antiviral properties, and it smells awesome!
Tea Tree Oil – known to be antifungal, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, and antibacterial It’s also a natural anti-inflammatory!
Lemongrass Oil – known to be antibacterial and antifungal
Aloe vera gel – known to be antibacterial and antifungal and it does double duty as a moisturizer
Lemon and orange- are both natural disinfectants (plus they smell nice and clean)
Vitamin E – Moisturizer and helps keep recipe fresh