Ant McPartlin is expected to return to his TV work next month after taking time off to go into rehab.
The host is preparing to film Britain’s Got Talent auditions in January – 10 months after he crashed a car while more than twice the drink drive limit. He has not worked since, and was replaced by Holly Willoughby for the latest series of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!, which ended on Sunday.
Declan Donnelly hosted this year’s Britain’s Got Talent live shows alone.
Next year’s Saturday Night Takeaway was also cancelled.
Announcing that decision in August, Ant said his recovery was “going very well” and said he would “take the rest of the year off”.
Last week the Mirror reported that he would be reunited with Dec when filming begins for Britain’s Got Talent 2019.
Ant first entered rehab in June 2017 after becoming addicted to alcohol and prescription painkillers.
He went back into treatment after the crash in March. He was later fined £86,000 and given a 20-month driving ban after pleading guilty to drink driving. A Britain’s Got Talent spokesman declined to comment on his return.
First episode will follow the festive edition of Doctor Who, which is being shown on January1st 2019 instead of Christmas Day.
If you would like me to answer any questions you may have on satellite TV or to expand on anything I have written about please call me on 678 332 815 or email [email protected] I look forward to your comments and questions.
Don’t forget to listen to my radio show every weekday from 10am on Spectrum 96.1 & 106.8FM, now covering almost 3000sq km of Costa Almeria and Calida or listen online at www.costaalmeria.spectrumfm.net for the latest news and views from the world of satellite television.