A SHOCKING photo of a dead fish trapped inside a plastic glove has gone viral to highlight the growing problem of pollution in our oceans.
And now it has been revealed that the distressing image was shot in Spain by scuba instructor Roger Millan Casas while he was diving with clients near Tossa de Mar on the Costa Brava in July.
The small Flathead Grey Mullet found trapped in the glove was unfortunately already dead.
Roger said the beaches were regularly cleaned but, “When you look closely you can’t miss the numerous small bits of plastic and lots of cotton ear bud sticks.
“I’ve come across things like this before; such as an octopus living in a plastic bottle instead of the rocks, and fish caught up in fishing nets.”
He went on to say, “It’s upsetting to see this as my job is to show people the beauty of our oceans and now it’s becoming more and more about making people more conscious of the problems.
“I think governments need stricter laws to prevent plastic pollution by banning single-use plastics and non-recyclable plastics and also protecting more areas of the coast.”