HORRIFIED expatriates have warned of a dog poisoning threat on the Costa Blanca.
It comes after a Euro Weekly News reader, who does not wish to be named, said that her two dogs became ill overnight and that one is now in a critical condition.
“The vet said it looks like rat poison was used,” she said. “My neighbour’s dog is ill as well.
“We know it’s a toxin but we are waiting to confirm if it was deliberate.”
The shocking episode follows a recent spate of poisoning incidents in Benissa, with at least 22 dogs falling ill since mid-February.
Dog owners are urged to exercise caution when walking their pets, and to prevent them from eating food items found on the street.