AN 87-year-old woman has died in a fire at her home in the El Palo district of Malaga on the Costa del Sol this afternoon.
It is believed the fire started in the kitchen of the house, in Calle Conde de las Navas, while the woman’s 30-year-old carer was taking a shower.
Neighbours alerted the emergency services at 2.50pm but, on arrival, they could not save the life of the elderly woman.
The carer was treated for the effects of smoke inhalation.
— Emergencias 112 (@E112Andalucia) December 24, 2017