SPAIN’S 16 state-owned and managed museums will celebrate the country’s National Day on Thursday, October 12 with free admission to the general public.
The world–renowned Prado Museum, the Reina Sofía Museum and the National Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum will also take part in the celebration of Spain’s National Day by offering free admission to the public.
The state-owned and state-managed museums are:
• National Museum of Roman Art in Mérida
• National Altamira Museum and Research Centre (Cantabria)
• National Archaeological Museum (MAN)
• Fashion Museum
• National Museum of Decorative Arts
• Sorolla Museum
• National Museum of Anthropology
• Cerralbo Museum
• National Museum of Romanticism
• Museum of the Americas in Madrid
• National Museum of Underwater Archaeology (ARQUA) in Cartagena
• El Greco Museum in Toledo
• Sephardic Museum in Toledo
• González Martí National Museum of Ceramics and Decorative Arts in Valencia
• National Museum of Sculpture in Valladolid
• Casa de Cervantes Museum in Valladolid
Extended opening times will be in operation at the Sorolla Museum, the National Museum of Anthropology, the Museum of Romanticism, the Museum of the Americas, the National Museum of Underwater Archaeology and the González Martí National Museum of Ceramics and Decorative Arts.
For more information visit: http://www.mecd.gob.es/cultura-mecd/areas-cultura/museos/portada.html