LIVE-IN CARING – as a career option – is on the up as more roles are being created and more people see the benefits the role can offer.
Consultus Care and Nursing Agency, a family run business which has been operating successfully for over 50 years, has seen a huge increase in excellent carers living in Spain who return regularly to the UK for live-in care assignments. The biggest advantage for these carers is a great ‘work life’ balance. As a self-employed carer you manage your life and work when it suits you. Consultus prides itself on offering a premium service both for its clients but also for its carers. Benefits to carers include:
• High quality UK based in-house training (four-day ‘Moving and Handling’ plus annual refresher)
• Luxury carer house, for short term accommodation needs
• Mentoring from experienced care consultants at head office
• Fantastic ongoing support 24/7 with our dynamic online social platform
• Great rates of pay (£952-£1,456 per two weeks)
• Meals, accommodation and contribution towards travel costs covered while in the UK.
As one carer from Spain said “The flexibility Consultus offer means I am able to achieve a fulfilling professional career as a carer in the UK while maintaining a balanced personal life here in Spain”
In a recent survey of Consultus carers, 97 per cent said they receive the amount of work they require and 94 per cent said that Consultus fulfils their professional expectations.
Consultus are aware it can be daunting travelling abroad for work so our Carer houses offer a ‘Home from Home’ for our carers. We listen to our carers feedback and implement changes to improve the standards for our carers.
Consultus carers are some of the most respected carers in the business and we want to continue to make them feel respected, proud and above all part of the family.