Costa Blanca hotels close down for winter

0

The Costa Blanca approaches the winter season and with it comes the closure of many of the province’s hotels and restaurants. Many establishments will close during the winter period, which effectively starts on November 1 and runs through until May 31, either due to lack of customers or for renovation works, leaving many people without work for at least a 110-day period, specifically through November, December, January and February, the worst months for tourism.

HOSBEC has published its annual report on the closure of hotels and tourist accommodation for the 2015-16 winter season and according to data provided by the 227 establishments, 28.6 per cent will close for the period.

In Benidorm, 67.9 per cent will remain open, with 46 hotels or 32.1 per cent closing their doors. With regard to serviced apartments, 89.2 per cent will remain available throughout the winter months.

The southern area of Alicante is where there are a greater percentage of establishments closing with just 55 per cent of the hotel industry and tourist apartments remaining open during the winter, and 45 per cent closing. The main reason for closure in this area during the winter was to carry out renovations, with 95 per cent of those closing stated this as the reason.

LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here