TODAY, cosmetic dentistry is more popular than ever, from whitening and shaping to closing spaces and replacing teeth. Doctor Schridelroth at Centro Dental has a wide array of tools and techniques at his disposal for improving the look of your smile.
These custom shells, typically made of porcelain (sometimes plastic), cover the front sides of the teeth to change their colour and/or shape. Veneers last longer than bonding and provide a superior appearance. They are less expensive than crowns. Veneers can improve teeth that:
• Have spaces between them
• Have become chipped or worn
• Are permanently stained
• Are poorly shaped
• Are slightly crooked
Before inserting veneers, Doctor Schridelroth first takes an impression of your tooth, and then buffs the tooth before cementing the veneer in place.
A beam of light helps harden the cement, which secures the veneer to your tooth.
Porcelain veneers are made in a laboratory, so you will need a second visit to the Centro Dental to have them inserted.
Sometimes called caps, crowns completely cover a tooth, restoring a normal shape and appearance. You may need a crown to:
• Cover a misshapen or discoloured tooth
• Protect a weak tooth
• Restore a broken or worn tooth
• Cover a tooth with a large filling
• Hold a dental bridge in place
• Cover a dental implant
• Cover a tooth that’s had a root canal procedure
• Crowns can be made from metal, porcelain fused to metal, resin, or ceramic materials. Permanent crowns can have a long life if you take good care of them.
Enamel Shaping and Contouring
Enamel shaping and contouring involves removing or contouring dental enamel to improve the appearance of your teeth. Often used to alter the length, shape, or position of teeth, reshaping and contouring can correct:
• Crooked or overlapping teeth
• Chipped and irregular teeth
• Minor bite problems
You may be a good candidate for reshaping and contouring if you have normal, healthy teeth, and there’s still adequate bone between your teeth.
Centro Dental is an Award Winning Practice and Doctor Schridelroth and his team will take good care of you. Tel: 965 889 146