Tunisia makes 12 arrests in hunt for beach massacre accomplices

0
Avi Alpert on Flickr

IN Tunisia, security forces have made 12 arrests of suspects they believe are connected to the Sousse beach massacre in which 38 people were killed. Islamic State have claimed responsibility for the attack.
They have also said they are looking for two more people, who were described as having trained in a Libyan camp alongside the Sousse gunman Seifeddine Rezgui, and linked to the March shooting in the Bardo museum in Tunis, which left 22 dead.
“This is a group who were trained in Libya, and who had the same objective. Two attacked the Bardo and one attacked Sousse,” said Tunisian minister Lazhar Akremi, according to Reuters press agency.
In the UK, Defence Secretary Michael Fallon is expected to tell Parliament on Thursday July 2 that British forces should carry out air strikes on Islamic State targets in Syria. The UK has been involved in such action in Iraq since September last year, and the minister will advise Parliament that the strikes should be expanded to Syria.

LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here