×

Warning

JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 9042

Take That’s Jason Orange quits

By Thursday, 25 September 2014 12:13 0
Take That - From left to right: Gary Barlow, Howard Donald, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Robbie Williams - Take That - From left to right: Gary Barlow, Howard Donald, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Robbie Williams - Cordon Press

Take That’s Jason Orange has left the showbiz world stunned today after announcing that he will be leaving the ever-popular boy bond.

The 44-year-old called an emergency meeting with his band mates last week, where he let them know of his decision to leave.

In a statement, Jason explained how he arrived at such a difficult decision.

He said: “I want to start by saying how proud I am of what we have achieved together over the years.

"However, at a band meeting last week I confirmed to Mark, Gary and Howard that I do not wish to commit to recording and promoting a new album.

"I have spent some of the best years of my life with Take That and I’d like to thank everyone who has been a part of my journey, including my band mates, who I feel are like brothers to me.

“Most especially my gratitude goes to all of the good and kind, beautiful and ever-loyal fans of the band, without whom none of this could have been possible. Thank you.

“At the end of The Progress Tour I began to question whether it might be the right time for me to not continue on with Take That.

"At the start of this year and with my full knowledge and blessing, the guys began writing new material.

"There have been no fallings out, only a decision on my part that I no longer wish to do this.

"I know how much Mark, Gary and Howard enjoy writing and making music, and they know that they have my full support and encouragement to continue on with what is to be another chapter for the band.”

In a joint statement, Gary Barlow, Mark Owen and Howard Donald, the three remaining members of Take That, said: “This is a sad day for us. Jason leaving is a huge loss both professionally and even more so personally.

"We first became aware of Jason's reservations a couple of years ago but had hoped that by giving him the desired time and space he may begin to feel differently.

"This has not been the case and we now have to accept and fully respect his decision which we know hasn’t been an easy one.

"Jason’s energy and belief in what this band could achieve has made it what it is today, and we’ll forever be grateful for his enthusiasm, dedication and inspiration over the years.”

Although Jason’s shock departure will come as a blow to many fans, some comfort can be taken in that there does not seem to have been a falling out, only a parting of the ways.

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
0 Characters
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location

Poll of the Week

Given the short notice that many passengers received over flight cancellations, do you think Ryanair handled the situation professionally?

Latest Tweets

Have you been harassed by the silent menace? #Tigermosquito #Spain https://t.co/eKmnjPRKkw
#Hailstorm over the weekend left four with #hypothermia https://t.co/LgdwkF0QYh
Look at the size of it! #Barcelona #turtle #beach #Calella https://t.co/KmE4olfOsG
Follow Euro Weekly News on Twitter

Post Gallery

First two days of strike action suspended at Spain’s airports to allow 'space' for talks

Police hold Saudi royals at gunpoint in Marbella

Airport strikes in Spain loom as last-ditch talks scheduled

Juana Rivas faces prison despite handing sons over to father

WATCH: Chris Froome increases La Vuelta a España cycle race lead

EasyJet hoping new hand luggage in the hold option takes off on its flights

Airport strikes in Spain suspended as talks continue

One dead in Malaga road  tunnel car crash

Costa Blanca lashed by summer storms – and you can blame Dana