Grupo Platinum has the experience and expertise necessary to market your property.
Caroline Smith, manager and owner of Grupo Platinum Estates, in San Juan de Los Terreros, is a qualified professional with more than 25 years’ experience in her field. She has some exclusive tips for those who would like to sell their houses but find it difficult.
Is the market bad for sellers?
It’s great for sellers and it’s great for buyers. But some sellers don’t want to adapt to buyers so less competitive sellers are in the game. Just make sure you are a seller that adapts to the buyers. Sellers that adapt to the buyers are the ones that sell, follow these tips and sell your house:
1. Beat the competition with immaculate condition. Much of the competition is low-priced repossessions or quick sales in deplorable conditions. As a homeowner, the way you can compete is on condition. Make sure that the little nicks and scratches and doorknobs that don’t work are all fixed before you display your home.
2. De-personalise and de-clutter. Do this; pretend you’re moving out. Take all the things that make your home ‘your’ personal sanctuary (eg family photos and religious décor).
3. Stage the interior and exterior of your home. Stage the exterior with fresh paint, immaculate landscaping and even outdoor furniture to set the scene. Buyers often fantasise about enjoying their gardens and terraces by entertaining and spending time outside.
4. Access is essential. Homes that don’t get shown don’t get sold and many repossessions and quick sale listings are vacant, so they can be shown any time. Don’t make it difficult for the agent to get clients into your home.
5. Get real about pricing. Today’s buyers are very educated about comparable sales in the area. Listen to your agent; they know what price is right.
6. Listen to your agent. If you find an experienced estate agent to list your home with a successful track record of selling in your area, listen to them! An agent who knows the area well and loves it will always portray this to potential clients. This is an enormous help in a market which is very different to that back home!
Find an agent you trust and follow their advice as often as you can.
They are located in Calle Puntal 2, San Juan de Los Terreros, (in the road next to the town hall building).
Contact them on: 0034 950 466 112 or Mobile/WhatsApp 0034 666 687 251 - www.grupoplatinum.com