SCOTLAND confirms further tightening of lockdown restrictions from Saturday, January 16 – which sees a limit to click and collect for essential items only, takeaways (service hatch only) and alcohol (no outdoor drinking for those in all level 4 areas), among others.
- Limit availability and operation of Click and Collect retail services, with only essential items being allowed. Staggered appointments will need to be offered for customers.
- Restrictions to takeaway services with customers banned from going inside premises from now on
- From Saturday it will be against the law in all level 4 areas to drink alcohol in public. When you do leave home, only for essential purposes, you should only meet one person from a different household in a group no bigger than two
- Strengthen the obligation on employers to allow their staff to work from home where possible, which is already law. Statutory guidance will make clear employers must support people to work from home.
- Strengthen the provisions in relation to work in people’s houses making it law that only essential work is carried out
- Amendment to regulations requiring people to stay at home, making it clear people must not leave or remain outside of the home unless for an essential purpose
Thank you for taking the time to read this news article “Scotland Confirms Further Tightening of Lockdown Restrictions”. For more UK daily news, Spanish daily news and Global news stories, visit the Euro Weekly News home page.