Residents remove burning butane cylinder from building

0
Fire brigade officers attended
Fire brigade officers attended Credit: Bombers de Palma

THERE was quite a scare just after midnight on the evening of November 23 when a butane cylinder burst into flames in an apartment block in Can Pastilla near the Playa de Palma.

Local Police and Palma Fire Brigade were alerted as well as 061 SAMU but when they arrived at the scene, they discovered that residents had quickly removed the cylinder from the building to avoid a possible internal explosion.

Officers proceeded to extinguish the flames and cool the cylinder down before removing it safely and with no damage to the building or injury to residents.

-- ADVERTISEMENT --

Thank you for taking the time to read this news article “Residents remove burning butane cylinder from building”.

Married to Ophelia in Gibraltar in 1978, John has spent much of his life travelling on security print and minting business and visited every continent except Antarctica.

Having retired several years ago, the couple moved to their house in Estepona and John became a regular news writer for the EWN Media Group taking particular interest in Finance, Gibraltar and Costa del Sol Social Scene.

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here