DONATING your body to science and organ donation are two very different things, however, they are often confused, do you know the difference?
Donating your body to science
When considering this option, it is important to understand what is involved for both yourself and your family.
- This is not always a free service, for example in the region of Alicante there is a minimum conveyance charge of €1000
- While you are initially accepted into the scheme this is not a guarantee your body will be in fact be of use, for example, if:
- Death is caused by a contagious disease
- A post-mortem is required
- Death occurred by severe trauma
- You are able to provide organ donation
- You suffer from obesity
- Radioactive contamination
- Most regions of Spain have stopped accepting donations
- Due to the overwhelming amount of applicants
- Due to Covid 19
- In most cases, the remains of the deceased can be returned to the family after a period of 2 years for them to cremate
- Most families will still want to say their goodbyes and hold a service or wake of some kind.
Deciding to become an Organ Donor
When considering this option, it is important to understand the system for both yourself and your family.
- When residing in Spain you are automatically opted into organ donation
- You do have the option to opt-out, or request only certain organs to be utilised
- Family members do always have the final say in the decision
- Organ donation is only possible if you pass away in the hospital
- Families will still have to organise a funeral
The important thing to know with both options is to make your wishes known to your loved ones.
Here at Golden Leaves, we highly endorse and can talk you through either option, our team of experts will assist in helping accommodate your wishes, and better yet, we can set your costs in place, take away any emotional burden from your families, offer a €150 discount from each plan taken for the month of December 2020, and if you do decide on donating your body to science and your body is utilised by an organisation we will refund 100 % of the plan purchase price to your family.
Thank you for taking the time to read this news article “Golden Leaves can help you donate your body science”. For more UK daily news, Spanish daily news and Global news stories, visit the Euro Weekly News home page.