TRAGIC news as a 2-year-old girl dies after choking on a sausage at the Mini Learners nursery in Radlett, Hertfordshire.
Sadie Salt lost her young life after she struggled to chew her food during lunch at the nursery and began to choke prompting her to be rushed to St Mary’s Hospital where she spent two days in intensive care whilst doctors battled to save her, but was sadly pronounced dead on Saturday, November 14.
Friends of the devastated family have launched a petition calling for sausages and grapes to be banned from all nursery settings due to their ‘awkward shape and tough skin’ making them ‘extra challenging for small children to chew’.
A fundraising page has been set up on behalf of the family by children’s intensive care charity COSMIC as they pay tribute to ‘beautiful Sadie’, which read:
“Sadie spent two days in St Mary’s Hospital paediatric ICU where the care she, mummy and daddy received was incredible.
“The team at the ICU are beyond amazing and the care for Sadie and the support for us was outstanding.
“They do an amazing job and fully deserve all the support they can get. They took tremendous care of our Sadie and us and nothing was too much to make us all feel loved, cared for and supported,” the post continued.
“We are in terrible pain as we suffer the untimely loss of our daughter and sister, but the huge support of love from you all has been overwhelming.”
The family also revealed they donated Sadie’s vital organs so she could ‘go on and save lives’.
A JustGiving page has been set up in Sadie’s memory and the family also urged donators to sign the Change.org petition.
Thank you for taking the time to read this news article “Tragic news as a 2-year-old girl dies after choking on a sausage at nursery”. For more UK daily news, Spanish daily news and Global news stories, visit the Euro Weekly News home page.