Toddler dies after swallowing cleaning capsule

0
Toddler dies after swallowing cleaning capsule
Image: Twitter

 

Toddler dies after swallowing toilet cleaning capsule

-- Advertisement --

Two-year-old Arietta-Grace Barnett was rushed to hospital on June 28 last year when she began vomiting a “bright pink liquid” and her mum feared she may have swallowed a toilet cleaning capsule.

An inquest in Winchester heard that the little girl was deemed well enough to go home on July 2, but was re-admitted to Southampton General Hospital on July 9 due to heavy bleeding. Sadly, the toddler died that same day.


Coroner Rosamund Rhodes-Kemp said Arietta-Grace was believed to have swallowed a Toilet Duck capsule.

Medical professionals were confused that her vomit was bright pink in colour, when the cleaning capsule was blue.


Although Arietta-Grace’s mum had pink hair at the time, she insisted there was no hair dye in the house.

Dr Nicola Trevelyan, consultant paediatrician at Southampton General Hospital, said that while no-one had seen the toddler swallow the capsule “that seemed to be the most logical thing she might have taken”.

The inquest continues.

_____________________________________________________________________

Thank you for taking the time to read this news article “Toddler dies after swallowing cleaning capsule”. For more UK daily news, Spanish daily news and Global news stories, visit the Euro Weekly News home page.

Euro Weekly News is delighted to continue be able to bring you a range of News from around Spain in English and Global News live as it happens.

Euro Weekly News doesn’t cost you anything but your internet connection. Whether it’s bringing you the local Spanish news or the International news today, we’ve got you covered!

Euro Weekly News, the leading free local and national newspaper in Spain, the people’s paper, we lead others follow!

 

 

 





LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here