Choose your spot on the Levante beach

0
Choose your spot on the Levante beach

THE reservations system introduced for Benidorm’s Levante beach in July is no longer operative.

Local mayor Toni Perez also announced that all beaches will close each night at 9pm.

The town hall’s Benidorm Beach Safety was designed from the outset to adapt to circumstances or conditions, triggering the reservations system on July 17, the mayor said.

-- ADVERTISEMENT --

A total of 167,012 reservations were made – 121,757 of them online – with 299,914 people visiting the Levante beach since then.

“With a reduction in the demand for beach spaces, the town hall no longer needs the system to ensure that everyone can enjoy our beaches in peace and safety,” the mayor added.

Between June 15 when Benidorm’s beaches reopened to the public and last Monday, 1.8 million people visited the Levante, Mal Pas and Poniente beaches, without taking into account those who took early morning walks or went to the beaches only to swim.


The busiest day for all beaches was August 15, when they were visited by 43,610 people, Perez said.

The mayor also revealed that 94 per cent of the people using the beaches were Spanish.  The majority of the remaining 6 per cent were French, followed by the British, Portuguese, Italians and Belgians.

Thank you for reading this article “Choose your spot on the Levante beach”. For more up-to-date news from Costa Blanca North, visit the Euro Weekly News website.


Linda came to Spain to live when she was 24, just over 52 years ago, and her husband is Spanish. She began writing for English-language local newspapers in the mid-1970s and hasn’t stopped since! She leads a Spanish life, which she believes is vital when conveying the news to English-speaking residents, and along the way she produced two editions of Expand Your Spanish, helping English-speakers to enlarge their knowledge of the language. She was excited to be in at the birth of the Euro Weekly News in 1999 and is still passionately writing for the paper 22 years later.

LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here