Starting on Wednesday, July 15 (midnight tonight) everybody who is aged six or older will be forced to wear a mask at all times in public spaces, as this is the new law which has been decreed by the President of the Junta de Andalucia, Juanma Moreno.
THIS new policy will ensure that masks be worn at all times when using public spaces, even if the 1.5-metre social distance can be upheld, and even if you are outdoors or indoors.
- If you are caught breaking this new regulation you may face fines of up to €100.
- This rule is only for individuals aged 6 or older and will not include people with respiratory distress or illness that may be aggravated by the use of masks. However, you must have medical proof to justify this circumstance.
BEACH AND POOL
- The masks will be mandatory when taking walks on the beach, however, when you are sat with your social group you will not be forced to wear it, as long as you maintain the 1.5-metre safety distance.
- If you are sat by yourself then the same applies, you do not have to wear the mask.
- Furthermore, you do not have to wear a mask when swimming. For example, on your walk from the beach to your car, your mask must be on.
- In terms of mask use at the swimming pool, the rules are similar. They do not have to be worn when swimming or when you are sat on your towel, but they will be mandatory when you are walking around the facility.
- You will not be forced to wear a mask when practising sports outside, nor when the use of a mask can be counterproductive.
RESTAURANTS AND BARS
- In restaurants this rule will be exempt when eating, drinking or smoking for example on a bar terrace. If you are sat at your table with your family or nucleus of friends, you will not have to wear this either. If you are sat by yourself then the same applies you do not have to wear the mask.
This protocol has been introduced in order to stifle the growth of outbreaks across the region. Another of the measures is reducing the maximum capacity at wakes, which will now only cater to a total of 25 people if it is outdoors, or 10 if it is indoors.
- Furthermore, a mask will be compulsory when driving your private vehicle if there are people who do not live with you in the car.
Hope you liked this article about masks must be worn at all times in Andalucia.