Having a party? Got friends coming around who are vegan, and you are not sure what to make for nibbles? Here is a simple recipe for vegan sausage rolls!
You will need:
- Large baking tray
- Baking parchment or greaseproof paper
- Pastry brush
- 6 vegan sausages
- 320g of ready-rolled puff pastry (check it is vegan – many supermarket brands are)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (white, black or a mixture of both)
- 2 tbsp dairy-free milk (for brushing)
- plain flour (for dusting)
-- Advertisement --
- Unroll the puff pastry, remove it from the backing paper/plastic and dust with a little flour. Place on a chopping board or clean work surface. If your vegan sausages have skins, snip off the ends and remove the skins.
- Lay the sausages out on the pastry in three rows of two sausages each.
- Slice the pastry between the sausages, then brush with a little dairy-free milk.
- Roll the pastry over the sausages (as tightly as you can), and press down to seal the long edge.
- Slash the top of each long ‘roll’ diagonally with a knife every 2cm or so.
- Brush the rolls with dairy-free milk… then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Chill the rolls for about 30 minutes in the fridge. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180ºC (fan)
Cut the long rolls into individual sausage rolls, as big or small as you wish, then place on a baking tray (oiled or lined with baking parchment/greaseproof paper). Make sure they are well spaced out as the pastry will puff up in the oven.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until they are just turning golden and crispy. Enjoy!