The ninth edition of the International Creative Cuisine Contest of the Red Shrimp of Denia, in Costa Blanca, organised by the Association of Hotel and Tourism Entrepreneurs of the Marina Alta (AEHTMA), in collaboration with the city of Denia, has already chosen its eight finalists.
In this edition, 78 candidates from the most important and prestigious hospitality schools of national level participated, demonstrating a very high level and consolidating this contest within the gastronomic panorama. In this way, the jury of the contest has selected the eight chefs who will meet on March 3 at the Municipal Market of Denia. The contestants that this year will compete to make the best dish with the red prawn of Denia as the main ingredient are:
- José Luis Peralta, from La Perfumería restaurant (Valencia).
- Juan Manuel Salgado, from Dromo restaurant (Badajoz).
- Andrea Ravasio, from Baobab Suites restaurant (Adeje – Tenerife).
- Alejandro Gómez, from the Hotel Gravina 51 restaurant (Seville).
- Alberto Montes, from Atrio restaurant (Cáceres).
- Iván Muñoz, from Chirón restaurant (Valdemoro – Madrid).
- Chelo Berná, from El Galgo restaurant (Elche – Alicante).
- Antonio Javier González, from MasterChef restaurant (Madrid).
A jury of culinary experts and gastronomic critics will evaluate the creations according to the presentation, taste and presence of the red prawn in each dish. Julia Pérez, critic of gastronomy and member of the Royal Academy of Gastronomy, will preside this jury and will be accompanied by José Carlos Capel, Igor Cubillo, Benjamín Lana and Cuchita Lluch, as well as the chefs Quique Dacosta, from Quique Dacosta Restaurant in Dénia ( Alicante), Kiko Moya, from L’Escaleta (Cocentaina, Alicante), Carlos Maldonado, from Raíces (Talavera de la Reina – Toledo, Eugenio Boer, from Bür (Milan) and Luis Arrufat, gastronomic consultant and technical coordinator of the Masters and Courses of the Basque Culinary Center.