FIREFIGHTERS had to evacuate, as a precautionary measure, two floors of a hotel in the Rincon de Loix.
Guests were asked to leave their rooms after two chemical products were accidentally mixed together, producing gas. Two of the hotel’s maintenance employees and a client in a nearby room who were slightly affected by the fumes were taken to health centres for a checkup, Emergency Services sources revealed afterwards.
Members of the Policía Local, the Policia Local and paramedics also rushed to the hotel and it was decided to evacuate the reception area as well as rooms on the first and second floor. As firefighters with breathing apparatus soon had the situation under control, the hotel rapidly returned to normal and guests were able to return to their rooms.