A HOTEL was evacuated and three people ‘slightly affected’ after a gas leak at a hotel in Rincon de Loix in Benidorm.
The first two floors of the building were cleared as a preventative measure after two reactant liquids were accidentally mixed together in a tank, causing a chemical reaction.
Firefighters equipped with breathing equipment reportedly ‘quickly controlled’ the situation on Friday.
Sources confirmed two employees and a guest were slightly affected and taken to a nearby health centre. They added that the most common symptoms in these cases may be nauseas, vomiting and dizziness.