A 46-year man was taken to hospital after a fire broke out in a house in Turre in the early hours of Thursday morning, badly damaging the property.
The 112 Andalucia emergency service said a member of the public reported the blaze on the ground floor of a house in the village’s Calle Las Tiendas at 1.30am.
The coordinator immediately advised the Levante firefighting consortium, the Guardia Civil, Turre Local Police and the health emergencies service.
The fire left the property inhabitable, but did not affect adjacent houses and local residents did not have to be evacuated.
There was no information on the possible causes of the fire.