A 20-YEAR-OLD man has been stabbed after a fight broke out at a cinema in Nottingham city centre in England.
As reported by the emergency services, the victim was rushed to hospital after he was stabbed inside Cineworld just after 8pm on Sunday evening (December 1). His injuries are reported to be life-threatening.
Nottinghamshire Police said in a statement that it was an “isolated incident” which involved a dispute between two people. They later announced that a 16-year-old boy and a 23-year-old man had been taken into custody.
The incident comes a week after a mass brawl broke out at Star City in Birmingham, which resulted in several chains banning the Blue Story film – a hard-hitting crime drama about two friends who become rivals in a vicious London gangland war. As Euro Weekly News understands the film is still being shown at Nottingham Cineworld.
In a statement Superintendent Ross Cook said:
“Our officers have acted quickly to establish the circumstances around this incident leading to two arrests and the recovery of a knife.
”Isolated incidents such as this are incredibly serious and as a force we are committed to ensuring that appropriate action is taken to keep people safe and bring to justice those responsible.”