Dangerous fire at Costa Blanca industrial park ‘could have been a disaster’

© Real Cuerpo de Bomberos de Malaga
FATAL EXPLOSION: A 69-year-old and her dog have been killed in the blaze. CREDIT: Real Cuerpo de Bomberos

FIREFIGHTERS called to a blaze at a Costa Blanca industrial estate described the incident as ‘highly dangerous’. 

The fire started at around 8.15 pm on Saturday at Safety Clean, a company located on the Polígono Industrial Mos del Bou in Albatera, in front of the recently inaugurated 40 Grados discotheque. 

Local police attended immediately and after contacting a company employee discovered that inside the industrial unit were two tanks holding 25,000 litres of solvent. Potentially, if they exploded, it could have been disastrous. 


Five teams of firefighters from  Crevillente, Elche, Orihuela and Torrevieja fought the blaze while Guardia Civil and Local Police evacuated and cordoned off the area. 

No one was hurts in the incident. An investigation into the source of the fire points to a plastic waste pressing machine, although this has not been confirmed. 



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here