The family of Harry Dunn said a meeting with Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab over the death of their son felt like a “publicity stunt” – as they confirmed they were launching a civil case against the suspect in the case.
Harry, 19, died when his motorbike crashed into a car on August 27.
The suspect, 42-year-old Anne Sacoolas, married to a US intelligence official, was granted diplomatic immunity after the crash.
The car was thought to have been driving on the wrong side of the road after leaving RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire – a military base used by the US Air Force.
Mr Raab met Harry’s mother, Charlotte Charles, and father, Tim Dunn, on Wednesday afternoon after having talks with US Ambassador Woody Johnson on Tuesday.
Speaking shortly after the meeting, the dead lad’s mother said she felt “let down by both governments”.
She said: “I can’t really see the point as to why we were invited to see Dominic Raab. We are no further forward than where we were this time last week.
“Part of me is feeling like it was just a publicity stunt on the UK government side to show they are trying to help.
“But, although he is engaging with us, we have no answers. We are really frustrated that we could spend half an hour or more with him and just come out with nothing.”
The lawyer for the family further added they were taking on Barristers to action a civil case against Mrs Sacoolas in America.
“Our position is that she doesn’t have immunity and that waivers are always granted in these circumstances,” Radd Seiger told reporters in Westminster.
“Now we can disclose to you we have brought barristers on board … We are going to Washington soon to help us get that justice for Harry.”
Meanwhile, President Trump has waded in, President Donald Trump says the U.S. is going to speak “shortly” to the U.S. diplomat’s wife who was involved in a fatal collision which killed Harry Dunn and “see if we can do something” and “see what we can come up with to do some healing”