Half Time Report England V Argentina

Half Time Report England V Argentina
Credit Twitter

Half Time Report England V Argentina 

Nigel Owen blew his whistle and Benjamin Urdapilleta kicked off for Argentina. Ben Youngs took the ball from the back of the ensuing ruck and kicked up the field. Argentina took possession and went through the phases as they made their way up the centre of the pitch.

-- Advertisement --

With England under extreme pressure, Elliot Daly put in a brilliant tackle to prevent Santiago Carreras from going over in the corner. Referee Nigel Owens took Owen Farrell to one side and pointed out three different penalties his team could have conceded in the build-up to the tackle. Argentina got one of those penalties for a no-arms tackle by Kyle Sinckler. Owens told Farrell to warn his players that there was a yellow card in the post. Benjamin Urdapilleta took the penalty England went behind, 0-3.
England hit back immediately. A drive for the Argentina line after a good take from Mario Itoje was stopped illegally. With a penalty to fall back on, England had a freebie and played the ball out to the wing. Jonny May went over in the corner after George Ford had drawn two tacklers before finding his teammate out by the touchline. Owen Farrell pulled his conversion wide of the left upright so the score went to 5-3 with England taking the lead.
On 17 minutes saw a huge hit by second-row Tomas Lavanini on Owen Farrell that should have knocked the England centre into the middle week. It was very high! Nigel Owens went to his TMO.
Argentina went down to 14 men as Tomas Lavanini became the fifth player to be shown a red card in this tournament. Nigel Owens and his TMO saw no mitigating factors to keep him on the field. He was high, he led with his shoulder and caught Farrell on the head. He walked for the touchline and looked absolutely distraught. It was the correct decision.
On the 34th minute saw good play from England, who was just a couple of metres from the Argentina line.
Nigel Owens warned the Argentina players not to handle the ball. England sent the ball out wide – George Ford swung it towards Elliot Daly, who juggled it before gaining control and cutting inside two Argentinians to go over. Owen Farrell missed yet another kick, hitting the post with his conversion attempt. 10-3
The humidity in the Tokyo air meant the ball was like a bar of soap and cost England points.
 The half-time gong sounded and the clock went red. England continued going through the phases in a bid to put a little more hurt on Argentina before the break. England laid siege to the Argentina line, having gone through 20 phases of play.
After a surge towards the line from Man Tuilagi, Billy Vunipola took the ball from the bottom of the ruck and passed to Ben Youngs. He spotted a gap and nipped through to touch down, as Pablo Matero missed the tackle for Argentina. Owen Farrell made it zero from four on the kicking front, missing his conversion attempt once again.
England went in at half time 15-3 up.
See more UK News


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here