Cash help on the way for Benijofar

0
FLOODED: Storms wreaked havoc. Credit Ayto. De Benijofar


RESIDENTS of Benijofar are amongst the total of 2,588 requests for emergency aid of €1,500 so far processed by the Valencian government. 

The cash is to help those affected by the September storms that wrought havoc in the region. It is designed as an advance to buy household items “of primary need.” 

In total, assistance up to €4,500 per family is available from a special line of assistance to alleviate the ravages of the storms. 

-- Advertisement --

Since September 23, more than 3,000 people have accessed information and documentation at nine ‘permanent’ offices in Orihuela, Benferri, Dolores, Pilar de la HoradadaAlmoradíBigastroCatralCallosa de Segura and Ontinyent. 

In Benijofat assistance in completing applications has been available from a mobile team that also cover AlbateraAlgorfaAlmoradiBenejuzarCrevillent, Cox, Daya Nueva, Daya Vieja, Elche, Formentera del Segura, Granja de Rocamora, Guardamar del Segura, Jacarilla, Los Montesinos, Rafal, RedovanRojales, San Fulgencio, San Isidro, Santa Pola, San Miguel de Salinas and Torrevieja. 

Gabriela Bravo, the regional minister for health, said: “No one will be left without help” and promised to come up with more funding if necessary. 

The regional government has also said that payments will be made as soon as possible – it will not wait until the October 14 deadline for applications. 


LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here