A 47-year-old man, of Bulgarian nationality, was arrested yesterday (Tuesday) in connection with the false bomb threat on the Torre de Espacio building in Madrid on April 16.
The suspect allegedly warned officials of a possible explosive device being placed at the Australian Embassy via a phone call.
According to the General Directorate of Police, the man had also been arrested earlier this month for similar incidents.
The man has been taken into custody and is expected to be charged with crimes in connection with disorderly public conduct.
After having received the warning, National Police evacuated the building and told everybody inside or in the vicinity to ‘follow the instructions of the security personnel’.
Later police said: “Finally it has been possible to determine that the threat was false. Everything’s back to normal. We are investigating the origin of the call.”