“OVER THE MOON”: Dad who sparked massive Benidorm manhunt reunited with family in UK

0
SPAIN'S BENIDORM: Nick Brzezicki (inset) was reported missing after an incident and court appearance in the Costa Blanca resort. File images. Photo credits: Shutterstock / GoFundMe


A FAMILY in the UK has told of their joy after being reunited with a 32-year-old who went missing during a holiday to Benidorm.

The disappearance of 32-year-old Nick Brzezicki after an alleged incident in the Costa Blanca resort sparked a huge social media campaign to find the man from Weston-super-Mare.

Mr Brzeziski was on a short break to Benidorm with a friend and was staying at the Sandos Benidorm Suites in the resort.

However, after an alleged incident at the hotel on Tuesday, he was arrested by Spanish police and appeared in court on Wednesday. He was last seen at around 11.30am when he left the court.

His wife Laura had flown to Benidorm to try and find him but her search was fruitless and she flew back to the UK.

It is now believed that after leaving court Mr Brzeziski attempted to walk the 50 kilometres from Benidorm to Alicante Airport but he collapsed on his way back and was picked up by Red Cross medics.

He finally contacted his mother and his family organised a flight back to Bristol on Saturday

It is reported that he was met by police on arrival as he had been flagged as a missing person.

His wife Laura said: “I am so glad that he is home safe.

“He has quite a few bruises and has lost a lot of weight and is upset about what has happened.

“As a family we are over the moon to have him back safe.”

LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here