POLICE in Torre de Benagalbon are investigating after a beach bar was allegedly intentionally burned down.
The Guardia Civil said it is searching for those responsible for the suspect arson at a bar which was due to open last week for the summer season.
The business, owned by 30-year-old Estefania Griñan, is reportedly the third of its kind to be intentionally burned down on the Costa del Sol this year.
The first, in Rincon de la Victoria, burned down at the beginning of February, while the second, in Marbella, caught fire on February 19.
Ms Griñan told Spanish media: “We will not be able to open, we have nothing left, because it is a wooden beach bar, insurance companies did not want to cover it.”
She added: “My parents set it up, first they started with a kiosk, and little by little we enlarged it, to the 150 square metres that I had.”