A NEW SURVEY that rates Europe’s beaches by Instagram hashtags will make a few Spanish holidaymakers hot under the collar.
Research by the Globehunters travel website analysed Instagram hashtags and looked at the 60 most Instagrammed beaches in Europe (full list below).
While the number one holiday hotspot position was handed to Positano on Italy’s Amalfi Coast, the UK’s Brighton beach featured in second place and Spain trundled in at a lowly fifth position with Playa d’en Bossa in Ibiza.
Other Spanish beaches featuring in the Top Ten were ninth-placed Barceloneta in Barcelona and tenth-placed Cala Salada also in Ibiza, Spain.
However, it comes just weeks after TripAdvisor rated a beach in Spain as the best in Europe and sixth best in the world for 2018!
So who to believe?
Anyway, here are the top 10 most Instagrammed European beaches according to Globehunters:
1. Positano, Amalfi Coast, Italy
2. Brighton, East Sussex, UK
3. Nissi beach, Ayia Napa, Cyprus
4. Durdle Door, Dorset, UK
5. Playa d’en Bossa, Ibiza, Spain
6. Bournemouth, Dorset, UK
7. La Pelosa beach, Stintino, Italy
8. Praia da Rocha, Algarve, Portugal
9. Barceloneta, Barcelona, Spain
10. Cala Salada, Ibiza, Spain
And the full Top 60 list: