OUR busy everyday lives can be shattering in the modern world. There may be many reasons why you’re tired such as job stress, insomnia, burning the candle at both ends, or personal issues.
In a perfect world we’d take a week off to relax and catch up on sleep but hello… this is not a perfect world – chin up and let’s get on with it – we need a quick make-up fix! Tiredness can be hard to cover but here are some tips:
• For bloodshot eyes, either from exhaustion or crying, flesh-toned eyeliner is your new best friend. Go for a shade only slightly darker than your natural skin tone to cover those red rims. Matte shades are more subtle but shimmery ones have some great brightening power.
• A touch of blue mascara can work wonders on making the whites of your eyes appear whiter and in eliminating the appearance of red tones.
• For those dark circles which may be anything from grey to blue to dark purple try a peachy or yellow-toned concealer. Peach looks more natural but yellow is brightening.
• Your skin may be showing the tell-tale signs of tiredness even if the rest of your face isn’t. Dull, lifeless skin can be perked up with a refresher spray. If it’s kept in the fridge then it’ll help refresh skin and reduce puffiness. Light foundation or BB cream is always a lifesaver in these situations but go easy, as trowelling it on never helps.
• A cream blush is a great fix for the face as it introduces a soft glow for a fresh- faced look, instead of harsh unnatural colours. For cool undertones use a baby-pink shade, and for warmer complexions, opt for something a little more peachy.