JUST one year ago 120 people were killed by suicide bombers in the area of Kano Northern Nigeria and now they have struck again as at least 21 worshippers at a Shia Muslim procession have been killed by another suicide bomber, and it is reported that a further 40 were injured on November 27.
The blast took place in the village of Dakasoye, about 20 kilometres (13 miles) south of the provincial capital.
One report says that a second man was unable to detonate his bomb and has been arrested. It is suspected that this is yet another attack by terrorist organisation Boko Haram which itself is a Muslim group which seems to target other Muslims.
Although the Nigerian president Muhammadu Buhari had earlier in month said that the terrorist group was more or less eradicated, he has now announced that the Nigerian military have a further month to nullify their threat.