German couple die in boat fire in Llucmajor

0
Ingo Merionke on Flickr

A GERMAN couple died on Sunday (May 3) after a fire broke out on their motorboat docked at the S’Arenal port of Llucmajor.
The woman’s body was found inside the boat’s cabin, leading authorities to believe she was sleeping when the fire started, while the man’s body was found in the middle of the boat. Police reported it was possible that he had noticed the fire, but explained that the man had recently undergone surgery and had mobility problems.
Guardia Civil is currently investigating the case, although initial reports indicate that the fire was accidental and could have been caused by a short circuit.
Authorities believe that the couple died due to smoke inhalation and are currently working to find out their identities.




LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here