Between singers, actors and sportspeople, Spain is a country with a lot of famous faces, both at home and internationally. Therefore, when 40,000 Spaniards were asked by Personality Media to choose the celeb they respected the most, they had a difficult decision on their hands.
Nonetheless, for the fourth year running, tennis superstar Rafael Nadal came out on top. This comes in spite of him shockingly crashing out of Wimbledon to teenage wildcard Nick Kyrgio this summer.
The Manacor man beat his best friend, Pau Gasol, to the top spot, the Chicago Bulls basketball star finished second.
The top ten won’t make pretty reading for Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas, who dropped out of the top ten for the first time since 2008. The shot-stopper endured a terrible World Cup this summer.
1. Rafael Nadal– Tennis star with 14 Grand Slam titles
2. Pau Gasol– Professional NBA basketball player who has just signed for the Red Bulls
3. Paco Leon– TV personality and comedian who boosted his fame by tweeting a naked pic of himself
4. Jordi Erole– Controversial documentary maker
5. Andres Iniesta– Barcelona footballer who scored the winning goal in the 2010 World Cup final
6. Vicente del Bosque– The coach of the national football side makes the cut despite a woeful World Cup
7. Eduard Punset– Famous lawyer, economist and science populariser.
8. Carmen Machi– The only women on the list, the actress starred in the summer hit Oche Apellidos Vascos
9. Matias Prats– Sports and news journalist
10. Karlos Arguiñano– Popular Basque TV chef and businessman