After he was taken ill in the middle of his Asian tour Sir Paul McCartney is said to be on the road to recovery.
The former Beatle is expected to make a full recovery after being treated in a Japanese hospital for a viral infection.
McCartney, 71, was forced to pull out of concerts in Japan and South Korea earlier this week.
However, a spokesperson for the musician has said that the star is doing well and will be back to full health soon.
In a statement, spokeswoman Perri Cohen said: “Since contracting a virus last week that led to the postponement of tour dates, Paul received successful medical treatment at a hospital in Tokyo.
“He will make a complete recovery and has been ordered to take a few days’ rest. Paul has been extremely moved by all the messages and well wishes he has received from fans all over the world.”
Sir Paul, who is currently on a world tour, is said to have been “extremely moved” by the messages of support he has received.
The musician’s next scheduled show is in Lubbock, Texas, USA, on June 14.