Man dies after eating poisonous mushroom

0

A MAN, 78, died in Olvega, Soria, after eating a poisonous fungus.

The fungus, probably a variety known as death cap, was picked by the victim more than a week before he died in the intensive care unit of a local hospital. The symptoms appeared six hours after he ate them, starting with vomiting and diarrhoea, and led to liver, kidney and multiple organ failure.

-- Advertisement --

Regional authorities have asked people to take care when picking and eating mushrooms, especially if they differ from the most common varieties. 






LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here