FORMER cricket star Ian Botham is helping raise money for local flood victims.
A round of golf with the larger-than-life sports star and charity fundraiser is just one of the auction prizes at a sold-out dinner dance. The highest three bidders will be enjoying a four-ball at golf with Botham.
Richard Shepherd’s Restaurant El Mar La Mar at Villaricos hosts the evening on Saturday, November 10, with entertainment, staff and supporters providing their time and services free of charge.
The charity auction also boasts a Driving Day experience for two people at Guadix Race Circuit, Granada, a weekend for two at the five-star Don Carlos Hotel in Marbella including a meal at James Hewitt’s The Polo House, a signed and framed England cricket shirt from the 2011 season and a flat screen TV.
While the dinner dance is fully sold out, raffle tickets can be bought at €5 per strip from Restaurant El Mar La Mar, Villaricos, The Spectrum FM Studios, Parque Comercial, Mojacar and from Julie Justice on 697 462 746 with all proceeds going to help local victims of the devastating recent floods. Winners will be notified on the night by telephone if not present.
- Case of Veuve Clicquot Champagne (Euro Weekly News)
- Case of Loess Wine (Buena Ceppa Wines)
- Weekend break in a luxury four bedroom house with pool at Desert Springs Golf Resort
- Dinner for two with wine at the Hotel Tikar
- Dinner for two with wine at Cortio Albari Argentinian Steakhouse
- Voucher for €100 of Mosquito blinds (Tony Justice)
- Bottle of Bowmore single malt Whisky
- Leg of Pata Negra Ham (Gammalor)
- Sunday Lunch for two including wine at La Parata restaurant
- Full HD Satellite TV Receiver with a years subscription to Sky TV (GSF Communications)
- Home Cinema Surround Sound System (Vera and District Lions Club)
- 3 x Luxury Moisturising Hair Treatment & Blow dry from the 3 stylists (Jessica, Julie & Jasmin) Emporium Hair Salon, Mojacar Playa
- The Golden Boot (the story of all the top goalscorers in The Football League from 1888) which has been signed by Ian Rush, Jimmy Greaves, Tony Matthews, Alan Shearer and a few others (Tony Matthews)
- A Full Body Massage (Carmel Langdon)
- More Raffle Prizes arriving daily. This list was complete at the time of going to press
A Flat screen television. Prize supplied by Euro Weekly Newspaper
A Signed and Framed England Team Cricket Shirt from the 2011 season after England had just whitewashed India 4-0 in the test series. This was a landmark moment in the history of the England cricket team as it moved them to the top of the world rankings ahead of India making them officially the best test side in the world. This is a signed shirt of real significance. Prize courtesy of Spectrum FM Costa Almeria. HIGH BID TO DATE: €100 Chris Marshall
A Driving Day experience for two people at Guadix Race Circuit, Granada. The experience would consist of: Short pro instructor course on circuit driving, including some tips and tricks on fast safe smooth circuit driving, the instructor demonstrating circuit lines and tips in a Honda Civic Type R (2 laps). Client drives laps in the Civic Type R with an instructor (3 laps), Client then drives laps in a Ferrari 355 GTS 400 BHP with instructor (2 laps). Client then drives a Lotus Elise 111s (3 laps). This experience would include exclusive use of the circuit, so only client on track at any time. Prize Courtesy of Clive Greenhalgh, Guadix Race Circuit, Granada.
HIGH BID TO DATE: €800 Keith Burnham
A sensational lot which money cannot usually buy. 18 Holes of Golf for 3 people with Sir Ian Botham making up the 4 ball on The Indiana Course at Desert Springs Golf Resort, Cuevas Del Almanzora, Almeria followed by lunch at El Torrente Restaurant. To be scheduled for Spring 2013. Prize Courtesy of Desert Springs Golf Resort & Sir Ian Botham.
The auction lots are now live with bids being taken by emailing [email protected] or telephoning (0034) 678 332 815. The highest bid received by Saturday November 10th will be the starting bid at The Flood Aid Dinner Dance to be held at Restaurant El Mar La Mar, Villaricos. If none of the 100 people present bid more then the lot will sold to the highest bidder on the day. Telephone bids will also be accepted on the night on (0034) 678 332 815 if requested. Please also use this telephone number if you have any questions.
All proceeds will be going to help local victims of the recent devastating floods.