BENIDORM has launched an anti-rabies campaign. This annual vaccine will only cost €11, including an anti-parasite program, through six veterinary clinics until Wednesday June 15. “The requirement is that all dogs are vaccinated, but it is recommended that cats are too,” said Health Councillor Maite Iraola.
“The town hall allocated €5,000 for this campaign and €3,000 for the Society for the Protection of Animals and Plants to vaccinate the dogs and cats they look after,” she added.
Dogs should be vaccinated when they are three-months-old and re-vaccinated the following year, after which a biannual vaccination is recommended, but many prefer to only do this annually.
The participating clinics are:
- Clínica Veterinaria La Cala, avenida Villajoyosa
- Clínica Veterinaria Costa Blanca, avenida Jaime I, nº33
- Cínica Veterinaria Casagrande, avenida Alfonso Puchades, nº27
- Clínica Veterinaria avenida del Mediterráneo, avenida del Mediterráneo nº25
- Clínica Veterinaria avenida de Europa, avenida Europa nº16
- Clínica Veterinaria El Rincón, avenida Severo Ochoa nº26