However, the poison has also been eaten by dogs, whilst being walked by their owners. For this reason, the Council has recommended that dog owners exercise extreme care when exercising their animals in the area.
They are advised to take precautions to prevent their pet being poisoned, to keep dogs on a leash or muzzle, and not lose sight of them at any time.
The municipality’s Environment Department has asked that anyone seeing anything suspicious should notify the Service of Protection of Nature (Seprona) as someone could be spreading poison or bait.
Finally, Ximo Tur of
However, he warned the individuals who should never touch the bait or animals, which should only be removed by trained personnel.
Finally, the Town Hall said it is itself conducting inspections in the area to try and find the source of the poisoning, although it is a task that is proving very difficult given the extent of the affected land and the nature of its terrain.